Directions to Faculty Advisors for Enrolling New Members
Membership Enrollment Form Instructions:
Download the enrollment form: MembershipEnrollmentForm
- The membership fee is $30 per new member. This is a one time fee for lifetime membership and includes a one year subscription to the PI Mu Epsilon Journal.
- Please use the current version of the Membership Enrollment form and not an outdated one. If you have difficulties downloading and opening the Excel Form, e.g., your browser downloads it as a .zip archive that you cannot open, please email the PME Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com, who will send you a copy as an email attachment.
- Complete the enrollment form in its entirety. We will not process a form that does not include the chapter letter, the advisor’s name, induction date, etc.. Also, please be sure to use an address for each inductee that ensures he or she will receive the journal for the next calendar year — that usually means a permanent home address.
- Please make sure that your form contains the complete listing of your inductees. Our job is made significantly more difficult when advisors submit forms with late additions and/or changes. Simply put, give your students a firm deadline by which they should respond to your membership invitation.
- Once you have completed your form, save it under the name of your chapter state and letter, e.g. Michigan Iota.xls. If you don’t know your chapter letter, please visit Chapter Lists.
- Please send your form as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the extremely unlikely event you need to correct information for one or more students after you have uploaded your form, please email a new form with only the corrected information for those students. Include a message indicating that the form contains corrections.
- At certain times of year, particularly Spring, we receive a lot of enrollments every day. It may take a few weeks to get your certificates mailed out but we know your induction date and will make every effort to get your certificates to you on time. We prioritize printing certificates by induction date in an effort to get them all mailed on time. We really appreciate receiving your order as early as possible. If you have any questions about your order don’t hesitate to send an email inquiry.
PME now accepts payment of Membership fees by PayPal and this is the preferred method of payment. Be sure to mark your Enrollment form with the payment method you wish to use. If you choose to pay with Paypal you will be sent directions once you submit your Enrollment form.
Payment is expected at the time of order or shortly thereafter (within 2-3 weeks). An invoice will be emailed to you when your order is shipped, and you should feel free to delay payment until you receive it.
If you wish to pay by check mail a single check for the amount due to:
Pi Mu Epsilon, Inc.
141 E 12TH ST
Holland, MI 49422-9000
This check should be made out to the “Pi Mu Epsilon, Inc.” Make sure the mailing address includes Stephanie Edwards’ name, and please include a hard copy of your enrollment form with your check. (Note: If reimbursement using a single check is not possible, contact PME Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com prior to making payment so that arrangements can be discussed.)
If you pay using a personal check, e.g., your students pay you first and then you send a single check, make sure the memo line of the check includes the chapter state and letter on the check, e.g., “Michigan Iota.”
The link below will take you to a copy of the PME W9 form which includes the PME Tax ID number.
Delivery Timing: Certificates and other items ordered will ordinarily be mailed to you within 11 business days of the receipt of your order. Please keep this fact in mind as you prepare for your induction ceremony. If you need your certificates sooner than 11 business days, you will need to pay an additional $20 for rush shipping. Non-rush orders will be prioritized so as to reach the recipient prior to the induction ceremony, but not necessarily within 11 days. For example, If A College and B University order certificates on the same day, but A College’s induction ceremony is in 13 days and B University’s is in 20 days, A College will have priority. B University’s certificates may take 15 days to arrive, but they will get there before the ceremony. (See exceptions below.)
Note that rush orders apply only to certificates since merchandise is sent to you directly from the manufacturer, whose processing time is beyond our control. Regardless of whether you request rush shipping, we will still need at least seven business days to get you your certificates.
Exceptions to Timing: Please keep in mind that enrollment orders are processed by faculty volunteers as well as one part-time student employee and that we are not a mail order business like Amazon.com. Consequently extenuating circumstances sometimes arise that prevent us from filling orders as quickly as one might like. Moreover, during the months of March, April, and May, we typically process several thousand dollars worth of orders each week. Your consideration of our time and resources insofar as not making unreasonable requests and/or not having unrealistic expectations is greatly appreciated.
Order Inquiries: Should you have questions regarding the status of your order, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate Errors: If there is an error in a certificate mailed to your chapter, contact Stephanie Edwards at email@example.com so that a replacement one can be sent. If the error was made by his office, there will be no charge; otherwise, there will be a $10 charge for each replacement certificate.
Make Our Job Easier:
Notify the Society’s Secretary-Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any change in the identity or email address of your faculty advisor.
If you need to contact any of the national officers, email is best. Contact info for all national Pi Mu Epsilon officers is listed here.
We try to do our best to help our members, but please remember that PME is staffed by volunteers with full teaching loads, occasionally assisted by students. Anything you can do to make our tasks easier is appreciated and will help reduce society expenses.